Monday, May 11, 2015

Ephesians


Self study on Identity through Ephesians 

"Who do you think you are" by Mark Driscoll


Chapter 1

- Paul is in prison, but the beginning of his letter, the most important key point right away: In Christ
- we are blessed (ever felt cursed?)
- sometimes we are blind to blessings
  we want something so badly that we miss out on recognizing our blessings

I am in Christ

- Adam, Jesus
- what happens to us explain us, but not define us
- Am I in Adam or am I in Christ???
- born in Adam, but alive or born again in Christ

1 Cor. 15:21-22
- we inherit sin from Adam
- Paul wrote 216 times ''in Christ''
- what does it mean to be in Christ???
- I am one of the branches
- Jesus's life should overflow in mine in order to produce fruit; must be humble for this


Who is...
- Who is God? Bible.
- Who am I? Bible.
- worst place to start: myself
- 2nd worst place: others (psychology tests, character tests, etc,)

Identity vs. Activity
- if I put someone in the center, I would crush them by making them God, they would not be able to withstand the pressure of being a God, they would one day disappoint me, discourage me, and destroy me
- working for vs. from identity


No comments:

Post a Comment