Sunday, June 13, 2021

E and E 5/21/2021

How to Grow in Faith after Disappointment 

Christine Caine 


What do you do when you don't get the answer you wanted in prayer.

When I wanted to be released from the situation but God wants me to stay.

I won't know what I think of Him until I don't get what I think I want from God.

We often try to tell God how to answer my prayer.

"I don't like your answer, but you know what's best for me."

We try to control God. We try to orchestrate. Or bring a prayer request to God but not looking for God's answer. 

To accept whatever decision God makes.

God says... "You're not going to like the taste of this, but trust me, it's going to make you function the best. And I know what's best for you."

It would be a lot easier, if you just eat the fruit. Maybe you think you don't like it. 

"I'm not feeling it."

Good Good Father

What I want is often not the best for me.And best for me might not feel good.

God is strengthening me and preparing me.

- yes, no

- no, yes

- wait, Go

- someone else, not you

Resentment towards God...walk away from intimacy. Feeling God disappointed me...or withholding.

He has a Plan for me. He has purpose for me. He was actually trying to protect me.

Formal relationship, but my heart is not there.

Turn back, pull back, or press in.

Sometimes just some good o' theology, remind myself who God is.


If I question God's Sovereignty, I will question His wisdom.

If I question God's Love, I will question His faithfulness.

If I question God's Majesty, I will question His Power.


I don't understand the confusion or the pain.

I don't get what is going on in me, or around me.


Do I trust the character and nature of God? Instead of relying on the "feels".


I have to believe God loves me and He will be faithful to me.


Do I trust the goodness of God?

Do I trust the faithfulness of God?

Do I trust the power of God?

Do I trust the wisdom of God?

Do I trust the sovereignty of God?

Do I trust the love of God?

Do I trust the majesty of God?

Do I trust the protection of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment